Date: April 25, 2022
Add to your calendar
The WeProtect Global Alliance’s recent Global Threat Assessment 2021 highlighted how child sexual exploitation and abuse online has increased at an unprecedented level, both in scale and complexity.
The proliferation of child sexual exploitation and abuse online has fuelled debate on internet regulation in recent years. Current or planned regulation aims to provide standards for balancing user privacy and safety to enable a more consistent approach to tackling online harm.
Building on the Alliance’s Model National Response and Global Strategic Response frameworks, this webinar will provide an overview of key online safety legislative developments in several Alliance member nations, in relation to child sexual exploitation and abuse online.
This will inform more detailed discussions between Alliance members about regulation and the global response at our forthcoming Global Summit in June 2022 in Brussels and online.
Time & Date
25th April 2022 (6pm BST/ 7pm CET / 1pm ET / 10am PT / 3am 26th April AET)
- Commissioner Ylva Johansson – European Commissioner for Home Affairs
- Damian Hinds MP – UK Minister for Security and Borders
- Paul Fletcher MP – Australian Minister for Communications, Urban Infrastructure, Cities and the Arts (pre-recorded video)
- Cornelius Williams – Director of Child Protection, UNICEF
- Professor Dame Carolyn Hamilton DBE – Director, Coram International at Coram Children’s Legal Centre
- Chloe Setter (moderator) – Head of Advocacy, Policy & Research, WeProtect Global Alliance.