Date: June 23, 2021
Add to your calendar
Join us to explore the criminal misuse of technology and initiatives addressing the role of the internet in facilitating human trafficking.
The Human Trafficking Foundation is hosting an online forum to explore how technology is harnessed to both enable and tackle modern slavery and human trafficking.
The internet has revolutionised the way we live and work – imagine this past year without emails or Zoom. But we’re not the only ones who have adapted to life online. Traffickers too use the internet to recruit, connect, transport, and even sell the services of victims. Join us to hear how the internet is being utilised to facilitate human trafficking, but also how the sector is fighting back and using technology for good.
- Owen Pinnell Investigative Journalist & Filmmaker BBC
- Radu Cucos, Associate Officer on Combating Trafficking in Human Beings
- Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- Maria Allgaier from Project Freyja
- Chloe Setter, Head of Policy at WeProtect Global Alliance
- Molly Hodson at IJM