WeProtect Global Alliance Management board member and founder of WePROTECT
Joanna Shields (Baroness Shields OBE) is currently CEO of BenevolentAI, a world leader in the use of AI for scientific discovery.
Prior to joining BenevolentAI, Joanna served as the UK’s first Minister for Internet Safety and Security, a Special Advisor to the UK Government on the Digital Economy, and Chair & CEO of TechCityUK. During this time, she also founded WePROTECT, a global alliance to protect children from online abuse and exploitation.
Prior to her work in government, Joanna spent 25 years in leadership positions at companies such as Facebook, Bebo (acq. by Aol), Google, Decru (acq. by NetApp), RealNetworks, Veon (acq. by Philips) and EFI. Joanna has also served as a non-executive director of the London Stock Exchange Group and Talk Talk.
In 2014, Joanna was appointed OBE in the New Year’s Honours List for “services to digital industries and voluntary service to young people” and made a Life Peer of the House of Lords.
- Baroness Joanna Shields International collaboration
- Case study: what the Philippines is doing to end online child abuse International collaboration
- Executive team International collaboration
- The sexual exploitation and abuse of deaf and disabled children online Child & survivor participation
- Timeline International collaboration
- Apple’s fresh approach to child protection can be a game-changer Research & insights
International collaboration discussions in our Portal
You must be a logged-in member of the Portal to view more and join in the full discussions.
To discuss the coordinated response between different sectors, industries and countries, preventing child sexual exploitation and abuse online.
You must be logged in to create new discussions.