WePROTECT Global Alliance Board
The WePROTECT Global Alliance is led by a multi-stakeholder Policy Board. Members include representatives from countries, international and civil society organisations, and the technology industry.
The Board is made up of a combination of permanent members and seats which are filled on a rotational basis for a two-year period. The Board meets twice a year to oversee progress and agree the strategic direction of the Alliance.
- focus on ending the sexual exploitation and abuse of children online
- put advocacy and action at the heart of its mission
- promote global and regional partnership, inclusiveness and collaboration
- respect and promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals and international and regional legal instruments.
To ensure the interests of all our members are represented, we are in the process of putting in place a number of membership reference groups. These groups provide opportunities for members to drive a global response, highlight good and emerging practice and influence policy discussions and WePROTECT Global Alliance outputs.
- Civil society reference group – Chaired by Robbert van den Berg from ECPAT International, the civil society representative on the Alliance Policy Board, this group meets every two months and is open to all of our civil society members.
- Global Action Group – This group, to be established in early 2021, will consist of a representative selection of government members (at Director level) from across the Alliance’s membership. It will meet every quarter.
- Private sector reference group – This group, to be established in early 2021, will consist of all WePROTECT Global Alliance members from the technology industry, financial sector and telecommunications industry. It will meet every quarter.