WeProtect Global Alliance Board
The WeProtect Global Alliance is led by a multi-stakeholder Policy Board. Members include representatives from countries, international and civil society organisations, and the technology industry.
Meet the WeProtect Global Alliance Board Members
The Board is made up of a combination of permanent members and seats which are filled on a rotational basis for a two-year period. The Board meets twice a year to oversee progress and agree the strategic direction of the Alliance.
- focus on ending the sexual exploitation and abuse of children online
- put advocacy and action at the heart of its mission
- promote global and regional partnership, inclusiveness and collaboration
- respect and promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals and international and regional legal instruments.
WeProtect Global Alliance Board minutes July 2022
WeProtect Global Alliance Board minutes December 2021
WeProtect Global Alliance Board minutes June 2021
To ensure the interests of all our members are represented, we have put in place a number of membership reference groups. These groups provide opportunities for members to drive a global response, highlight good and emerging practice and influence policy discussions and WeProtect Global Alliance outputs.
- Civil society reference group – Chaired by Guillaume Landry of ECPAT International, the civil society representative on the Alliance Policy Board, this group is open to all our civil society members. It meets twice a year.
- Global Taskforce – This group was established at our 2022 Global Summit. It includes the European Union (chair), African Union (vice-chair) and eighteen governments from across the Alliance’s membership. It will meet twice a year.
- Law enforcement reference group – Chaired by Ilana De Wild of INTERPOL, this group consists of law enforcement representatives from both member governments and international organisations. It meets twice a year.
- Private sector reference group – Chaired by Jacqueline Beauchere of Snap Inc., the private sector representative on the Alliance Policy Board, consists of members from the technology industry, financial sector and telecommunications industry. It meets twice a year.