Chief Executive Officer Thorn: Digital
Julie helped create Thorn in 2012 as an organisation focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse.
Under Julie’s leadership, Thorn has created products and programs that are deployed today in 55 countries, have reached more than 3 million people and have helped identify more than 16,000 victims of abuse.
Julie came to Thorn from (RED) where she was VP of Marketing/Communications and helped establish the brand as one of the most successful cause marketing initiatives in history, delivering more than $160 million to fight AIDS in Africa. Prior to joining (RED), Julie spent nearly a decade in the wireless industry.
Julie holds a B.A. in Communications from UCLA and an M.B.A. from Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management.
- Executive team International collaboration
- Timeline International collaboration
- The sexual exploitation and abuse of deaf and disabled children online Child & survivor participation
- Briefing on the future of digital tools to detect child sexual exploitation and abuse online in… Policy & legislation
- Case study: what the Philippines is doing to end online child abuse International collaboration
- Board members International collaboration