Date: March 10, 2023
Add to your calendar
Labouisse Hall, UNICEF House, 3 United Nations Plaza and ONLINE
The Governments of Denmark and the United States, and the member States of the Global Partnership for Action on Gender-Based Online Harassment and Abuse, together with the Association for Progressive Communications (APC), UNFPA, UNICEF and UN Women are organising this High-Level Thematic Session entitled Catalysing Collective Action to End Technology-facilitated Gender-based Violence that will be held on the margins of the Sixty-Seventh Session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW67).
This High-Level Panel aims to build on leading global partnerships, networks and movements to locate synergies for shared action against technology-facilitated gender-based violence. The session will serve as a space to identify resourcing, knowledge and practice gaps to inform strategic coordination and recognition of complementary strengths related to the different facets of work, including those related to policy, advocacy, movement-building, funding, research and data.
With the participation of Dr. Natalia Kanem, Executive Director of UNFPA; Catherine Russell, Executive Director of UNICEF; Ms. Jennifer Klein, Director of the White House Gender Policy Council; Ambassador Martin Bille Hermann, Permanent Representative of Denmark to the UN; Ms. Julie Inman Grant, Australia eSafety Commissioner; Payton Iheme, VP, Head of Global Public Policy at Bumble; Nighat Dad, Digital Rights Foundation and Oversight Board; and Ms. Paula Martins, Social and Environmental Justice Programme Manager at the Association for Progressive Communications, and others to be confirmed; this event will be a space for Government, UN leaders, CSO and Business and Tech to share reflections on progress, learning and avenues for ongoing collaboration.
Registration for online and in-person attendance by 8 March: https://forms.gle/WA3bAchucRVtva2M7
Welcome and Opening Remarks by Co-hosting Government Leaders
- Ms. Jennifer Klein, Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Gender Policy Council
- Ambassador Martin Bille Hermann, Permanent Representative of Denmark to the UN
Conversation with UN Leaders
- Dr. Natalia Kanem, UNFPA Executive Director
- Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
- Senior UN Women Leader (TBC)
Panel discussion: Movements and Action to Address TF GBV
- Katrina Fotovat, Senior Official of the U.S. Department of State’s Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues
With the participation of:
- Paula Martins, Association for Progressive Communications
- Ms. Julie Inman Grant, Australia eSafety Commissioner
- Payton Iheme, VP, Head of Global Public Policy, Bumble
- Nighat Dad, Digital Rights Foundation and Oversight Board